[ros-users] Is it possible to "binary package" built stacks ?

Brian Gerkey gerkey at willowgarage.com
Wed Dec 15 16:18:49 UTC 2010

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 3:54 PM, Willy Lambert <lambert.willy at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't need to cross compile, all are x86 Linux Systemes. It's like :
> "okay, I finished my developpement, know I would like to publish precompiled
> binaires". Somehow it's like a make install which separates binairies from
> build tree.

hi Willy,

An install target for ROS is a long-standing feature request:
https://code.ros.org/trac/ros/ticket/946.  It will come, in ROS 1.5.x.
 In the meantime, you can't easily relocate a built source tree.  To
transfer to another machine, your best bet is to tar up the built
source tree, copy it over, and untar it in the same location in the
filesystem.

	brian.