[ros-users] problem about move_base in navigation stack

chris_li gang.li at okstate.edu
Thu Dec 16 05:23:38 UTC 2010

I figured out that the problem is in the yaml file.

in the tutorial: local_costmap_params.yaml is like:
local_costmap:
  global_frame: odom
  robot_base_frame: base_link
  update_frequency: 5.0
  publish_frequency: 2.0
  static_map: false
  rolling_window: true
  width: 6.0
  height: 6.0
  resolution: 0.05

The first line specify the namespace. It seems that it is not the correct
way to do in yaml file.  I delete this line and modify the move_base.launch
file with the line below:

<rosparam command="load" file="$(find nav_irobot)/local_costmap_params.yaml"
ns="local_costmap" />

It works. and the same thing to global_costmap_params.yaml and
base_local_planner_params.yaml
The three lines I mentioned in the previous post need to be modified by
adding corresponding ns=""

For robot initial position setting , I figured out.