[ros-users] problem about move_base in navigation stack

Eric Perko wisesage5001 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 07:09:56 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 12:23 AM, chris_li <gang.li at okstate.edu> wrote:

> I figured out that the problem is in the yaml file.
>
> in the tutorial: local_costmap_params.yaml is like:
> local_costmap:
>  global_frame: odom
>  robot_base_frame: base_link
>  update_frequency: 5.0
>  publish_frequency: 2.0
>  static_map: false
>  rolling_window: true
>  width: 6.0
>  height: 6.0
>  resolution: 0.05
>
> The first line specify the namespace. It seems that it is not the correct
> way to do in yaml file.  I delete this line and modify the move_base.launch
> file with the line below:

You may want to check your whitespace. You can definitely include that
namespace in the yaml file and still have it function correctly. For
example, I've been running this config for my local costmap (
https://github.com/cwru-robotics/cwru-ros-pkg/blob/master/cwru_semi_stable/cwru_configs/harlie/nav/costmap_local_params.yaml
)
with this move_base launch (
https://github.com/cwru-robotics/cwru-ros-pkg/blob/master/cwru_semi_stable/cwru_nav/start_nav.launch
) for
the past couple of months with no errors.

I have seen errors when things were tabs instead of spaces or vice versa (I
can't recall exactly right now which is correct) that would cause the yaml
file to look correct but throw errors when being parsed. You could try
downloading the yaml file I linked above and compare it's whitespace to
the whitespace in the files you were having errors with.

- Eric