[ros-users] rxconsole and rxloggerlevel cannot be killed

K Chen chk0105 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 02:43:18 UTC 2010

Thanks for your reply, please see below

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 3:56 AM, Ken Conley <kwc at willowgarage.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 2:05 AM, K Chen <chk0105 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all:
> >       I am new to ROS and still going through the tutorial, when I used
> > rxconsole and rxloggerlevel and did not close them until after I launched
> > the "mimic turtles", I used Ctrl C to end them respectively, but when I
> turn
> > to rxgraph window to see available node graph, they are still there with
> > error "Cannot communicate with ...". I tried rosnode kill and it
> displayed
> > "killed", but when using rosnode list to see present nodes, they are
> still
> > there, so does the rxgraph windows shows.
>
> It sounds like they were killed, but didn't die cleanly. There
> shouldn't be any effect on your system other than they show up in
> rxgraph.

Yes, but I can also see them using command "rosnode list". I don't know how
this command works, but I guess this info should come from Master Node, so
doesn't it has any mechanism to "kick out" inactive nodes out of ROS
network?

> >       So I am asking whether this is normal that they cannot be killed,
> and
> > this won't cause anything unexpected ?
>
> This sounds like a bug in rxconsole and rxloggerlevel.  They should
> die cleanly on Ctrl-C.
>
>  - Ken

Regards

University of Science and Technology of China
School of Computer Science and Technology

K.Chen