[ros-users] rxconsole and rxloggerlevel cannot be killed

Ken Conley kwc at willowgarage.com
Mon Dec 20 02:46:58 UTC 2010

On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 6:43 PM, K Chen <chk0105 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, but I can also see them using command "rosnode list". I don't know how
> this command works, but I guess this info should come from Master Node, so
> doesn't it has any mechanism to "kick out" inactive nodes out of ROS
> network?

rxgraph and rosnode get the info from the same place.

The feature to "kick out" is in development and requires developing
new features like TTL settings for registrations.  As a workaround,
you can call "rosnode cleanup" or checkout the 'reaper' node.  I'll
note that none of this should really affect the functioning of your
system.

 - Ken