[ros-users] Costmap2DROS timeouts and poor amcl performance

zdydek zac at mit.edu
Mon Dec 20 19:55:34 UTC 2010

For anyone having similar problems, I believe I've found the source of my
troubles.

The process I am using to get odometry is running at an average of 50 Hz,
but there are times when the loop takes .3 to .4 seconds! I never saw it
when running rostopic hz odom because I never ran it long enough for the bug
to rear it's ugly head.

Thanks for helping me track down the problem.

Best,

-Zac