[ros-users] move_base/navigation unexpected behavior

Eitan Marder-Eppstein eitan at willowgarage.com
Mon Dec 20 23:32:10 UTC 2010

Anton,

That is strange behavior. It sounds like the navigation stack is just
commanding your minimum velocity over and over. When you look at things in
rviz, do you see anything strange with obstacles or unknown space? Its
possible that something funky is happening there. For more information on
viewing navigation relevant visualization information, particularly unknown
space, check out:
http://www.ros.org/wiki/navigation/Tutorials/Using%20rviz%20with%20the%20Navigation%20Stack#Unknown_Space
.

Also, have you verified that your sensor data is making it into the
navigation stack correctly? For example, when a person walks in front of the
robot, do you see them show up in the obstacle display in rviz?

Hope all is well,

Eitan