[ros-users] Is there a way to use ROS on debian systems ?

Willy Lambert lambert.willy at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 11:15:31 UTC 2010

I've done it and it works, thanks for help.

It seems that I have to do it in all packages :
ard at ard-host-4:/opt/ros$ rosdep install turtle_teleop rxtools

[rosstack] couldn't find dependency [ros_comm] of [ros_tutorials]
[rosstack] missing dependency
[rosstack] couldn't find dependency [ros_comm] of [ros_tutorials]
[rosstack] missing dependency
Failed to find rosdep libbluetooth-dev for package turtle_teleop on
OS:debian version:squeeze
Failed to find rosdep libx11-dev for package turtle_teleop on OS:debian
version:squeeze
ERROR: ABORTING: Rosdeps [u'libbluetooth-dev', u'libx11-dev'] could not be
resolved
ard at ard-host-4:/opt/ros$

Have I a way to change the detected version into squeeze/sid instead of
squeeze ? Because it's going to be a bit boring to change all manifest from
all stacks ! I by pitty I had to, should I send patches (and how) ?