[ros-users] ar_pose basic questions

Prasad Dixit abhimohpra at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 06:43:56 UTC 2010

Hello Bill,

 Finally it worked for me for all the resolutions. Thanks a lot for your
help.
I am using only a single camera for pattern matching since my system has not
got higher configuration. My logitech pro 9000 is luckily default auto focus
off. still i am planning to use C600 for final run.

ar_pose_markers are getting published. I yet to create proper 4 X 4 patterns
for it to use it with multi pattern matching node.

I am only worried about the usb_cam node which dies at initial starts. Then
after two-three runs it works.
I hope to get proper solution for it.

I have a question about the process and camera like below:
1. Will it support to Minoru 3D webcam?
2. Please let me know if my approach is correct or not: I will mount the
patterns on ceiling so that it will not obstruct by any means. Then will run
usb_node and ar_marker multi to catch different patterns. To fuse with other
sensor i may use ar_pose_ekf to get good results ( I am using only single
camera for matching and not stereo). My single camera will not take multiple
estimates with ekf.

I hope all my questions are relevant.

- Thanks
Prasad