[ros-users] ar_pose basic questions

Bill Morris morris at ee.ccny.cuny.edu
Fri Dec 24 00:10:50 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-12-22 at 22:43 -0800, Prasad Dixit wrote:
> Hello Bill,
>
>  Finally it worked for me for all the resolutions. Thanks a lot for your
> help.
> I am using only a single camera for pattern matching since my system has not
> got higher configuration. My logitech pro 9000 is luckily default auto focus
> off. still i am planning to use C600 for final run.
>
> ar_pose_markers are getting published. I yet to create proper 4 X 4 patterns
> for it to use it with multi pattern matching node.

Look at the examples in the demo directory.
ar_pose comes with a bunch of patterns, look at the file
ar_pose/data/object_4x4

> I am only worried about the usb_cam node which dies at initial starts. Then
> after two-three runs it works.
> I hope to get proper solution for it.

I haven't had these problems, but another camera driver may work better.

> I have a question about the process and camera like below:
> 1. Will it support to Minoru 3D webcam?

You need a different driver and you need to run two instances of
ar_pose.

> 2. Please let me know if my approach is correct or not: I will mount the
> patterns on ceiling so that it will not obstruct by any means. Then will run
> usb_node and ar_marker multi to catch different patterns. To fuse with other
> sensor i may use ar_pose_ekf to get good results ( I am using only single
> camera for matching and not stereo). My single camera will not take multiple
> estimates with ekf.

This sounds reasonable. I haven't had a chance to use ar_pose_ekf so I'm
not sure.