[ros-users] [PCL-users] cturtle: pcl_ros broken?

Radu Bogdan Rusu rusu at willowgarage.com
Sun Dec 26 22:28:57 UTC 2010

Georg,

Adding to what Dejan said:

  * it looks like we added a dependency on PCL in the openni_camera driver in trunk recently. We'll need to fix this
asap, as we don't want to have neither OpenCV or PCL as a dependency for the base driver, otherwise it would be harder
to port to other systems (though we do require ps_engine and openni to be ported beforehand);

  * point_cloud_perception in c-turtle is deprecated, so to use any of the new PCL functionality, you need to overlay
perception_pcl (and perception_pcl_addons if you care about visualization/tutorials) on top of your c-turtle
distribution. See http://www.ros.org/wiki/perception_pcl for more details.

Cheers,
Radu.
--