[ros-users] Weirdness in URDF tutorials

Chad Rockey chadrockey at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 20:53:25 UTC 2010

I ran into a similar problem as well.  I didn't realize that
joint_state_publisher wasn't included in ROS and needed to be installed.  Of
course, it says right there it's needed and the warning tells you exactly
what you need to do.  However, when you're focused on the URDF, these things
sometimes slip by.  Maybe we should make this more obvious and explain
robot_state_publisher's and joint_state_publisher's roles better or even put
rosmake/rosrun tf view_frames steps in the tutorial somewhere?

- Chad