[ros-users] Tilting Hokuyo

Sanja Popovic sanja at MIT.EDU
Fri Jul 2 17:47:15 UTC 2010

Hi,

I have a Hokuyo URG-04LX and I would like to mount it to a tilt head to get a point cloud. The tilt head I have is a ServoCity DDT500 (http://www.servocity.com/html/ddt500_direct_drive_tilt.html) and I also use their servo (http://www.servocity.com/html/servo_controllers.html). Is it possible to use those with ROS with some of the existing packages like hrl_tilting_hokuyo? If not, do you suggest rewriting a package (which one?) or just getting a new head + servo?

Thanks,
Sanja Popovic