[ros-users] questions about pr2 fingertip pressure

hjieboy85 hjieboy85 at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 23 10:04:09 UTC 2010

Dear all,

I have two questions to ask about pr2 fingertip pressure element:

1> In some documents from ROS website, I know that pr2 pressure sensor(for
fingertip) has 22 sensing elements in hardware environment.  In simulation
environment, I find the pr2 pressure sensor is implemented using the plugin
named "libgazebo_ros_bumper.so". Does such a pressure sensor in simulation
also have 22 sensing elements? If it has, how can I test it? Further how can
I how the positions of these sensing elements?

2> If I also want to implement a pressure sensor(in simulation environment)
with some sensing elements, and these sensing elements also have their own
positions. Do you have some suggestions: which part I should study about
ROS?  Where should I start?

Thank you very much in advance!
Joe