[ros-users] libltdl3-dev dependency unresolved despite having libltdl-dev installed

Tully Foote tfoote at willowgarage.com
Thu Jul 8 20:32:36 UTC 2010

Nitin,
What version of debian are you using?  And can you report the output of
`dpkg-query libltdl3-dev`  and `dpkg-query -W' -f='${Package} ${Status}\n' `
 ?

I think this might be related to this ticket.
https://code.ros.org/trac/ros/ticket/2866 or
https://code.ros.org/trac/ros/ticket/2868

Tully

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 1:12 PM, nitinDhiman <nitinkdhiman at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am using ros Cturtle on Debian Squeeze with ros-pkg revision 40515 for
> pr2
> packages.
> For installing pr2 packages, required libltdl3-dev is provided by a deb
> called libltdl-dev in debian. Even after installing this deb,  I am getting
> following error:
>
> rosmake pr2_gripper_action
> [ rosmake ] [ make ]
> [ rosmake ] Packages requested are: ['pr2_gripper_action']
> [ rosmake ] Logging to directory
> [ rosmake ] /home/nitin/.ros/rosmake/rosmake_output-20100709-013008
> [ rosmake ] Expanded args ['pr2_gripper_action'] to:
> ['pr2_gripper_action']
> [ rosmake ] Checking rosdeps compliance for packages pr2_gripper_action.
> This may take a few seconds.
> [ rosmake ] rosdep check failed to find system dependencies: Did not detect
> packages: ['libltdl3-dev']
>

> I am not able to locate in which cofiguration file, i shall make change.
>

> nitin

Tully Foote
Systems Engineer
Willow Garage, Inc.