[ros-users] Basic navigation for pioneer robot using p2os

Enea Scioni enea.scioni at student.unife.it
Fri Jul 16 08:02:25 UTC 2010

Hi Vinay,
I just recognized now that the version of p2os driver that I used is
different than the new one. Looking the code, probably there is a lot of
work already done.
Also, I didn't used p2os_dashboard or other p2os package, because when I
started they didn't exist. Probably you can receive better information from
the autors of this new stack.
Anyway, odometry information and sonars data should be published on topics;
you can understand how the driver works looking at sip.cpp file (I looked at
the code and these stuff are still here).
About laser information, all your data will be published as LaserScan
message on ROS topic; if you're using the hokuyo node, usually you would
like to subscribe at "scan" topic.

Hope this help,
Enea