[ros-users] user-defined robots in ROS ?

Gonçalo Cabrita goncabrita at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 11:50:37 UTC 2010

Hi Arkapravo,

I think the answer to your question lies in this tutorial:

http://www.ros.org/wiki/navigation/Tutorials/RobotSetup

Basically you'll have to design yourself the odometry source and the base
controller blocks represented in the diagram, which usually come in the same
ROS node (which you'll have to create for your own robot).

If you are using a popular robot platform it is likely that someone has
already made that node for ROS.

Best regards,

Gonçalo Cabrita
ISR - University of Coimbra