[ros-users] north pacific gyre robotic sampler

Andrew Harris andrew.unit at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 17:21:19 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 11:30 AM, Jack O'Quin <jack.oquin at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is the first test I've seen of camera1394 with a USB 2.0 IIDC
> camera. I didn't know libdc1394 would work with USB devices, though
> I'd heard it might.
>
> Is there anything special to configuring it? What OS are you running?

Hi Jack,

   I am running Ubuntu 10.04 LTS on the robot, and ROS 1.1.8.  I did
have to make sure libusb1.0 was installed.  And I had to make sure I
added udev rules that allowed the camera to be accessible (see
attached).  The "SYSFS" parms are the vendor and camera IDs, IIRC.
Getting the camera working has certainly gotten easier as I have moved
to newer Ubuntu releases.

regards,
-andrew