[ros-users] compiling opencv on snow leopard

Brian Gerkey gerkey at willowgarage.com
Sun Jul 18 17:50:25 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jul 17, 2010 at 11:50 PM, Nicholas Butko <nbutko at ucsd.edu> wrote:
> I'm not sure how ROS handles building OpenCV by default, but in my experience, installing from SVN is the best bet. Macports is way behind, and there are many critical bugs that are fixed in the SVN version that aren't in macports.

For use with ROS, we pull a particular revision from a branch of
OpenCV.  We're generally ahead of the last OpenCV release, but behind
trunk.  The opencv2/Makefile determines which revision and branch,
e.g., for cturtle:
https://code.ros.org/trac/ros-pkg/browser/stacks/vision_opencv/tags/cturtle/opencv2/Makefile
.  That Makefile also determines which flags get passed into OpenCV's
CMake build system, so it's probably where you'd experiment with
adding or changing build flags.

	brian.