[ros-users] camera1394 - failure to start cameras

Blaise Gassend blaise at willowgarage.com
Tue Jul 20 16:37:32 UTC 2010

Haven't looked closely at the change, but thought I would comment
here...

driver_base is designed so that if there is an error, you just go leave
the running state. Driver_base will then automatically try to bring the
whole system back up after a one second pause.

Thus, if you have some way of detecting that the initialization failed,
just don't go to the running state, and all the necessary retries should
happen.

Generally, I see no reason to limit the number of retries. That way you
can unplug and replug the camera, and things will just work.

Cheers,
Blaise