[ros-users] Vim plugin for ROS

Michael Styer michael at styer.net
Fri Jul 30 16:32:13 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-07-30 at 11:18 +0900, Taylor Veltrop wrote:
> Mike have you used vim with OmniCppComplete and a ctags database based
> on boxturtle/cturtle?
>
> I had it working at some point and then something broke it :(
> Has anyone else had luck with that?

I have OmniCppComplete and ctags working on my laptop, but not with ROS,
and I haven't set them up on this workstation yet.

In my other installation I had the problem that I tried to include all
of boost::* in my tags database, so any time I typed "boost::" Vim would
freeze while it searched through all the possible completions. The ros
namespace isn't as big, so hopefully that wouldn't be a problem.

I should try getting those set up, though -- if I do, I'll let you know
how it works.

Mike