[ros-users] urdf "could not compute link poses" error

yeongrace.lee at gmail.com yeongrace.lee at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 16:54:27 UTC 2010

Hi everyone,

My name is Grace Lee and I am an undergraduate research assistant at USC's
Interaction Lab. I am currently writing a urdf for a human model that will
be interacting with PR2 in the gazebo. When I run the command "roslaunch"
on my launch file, I get this error: [ERROR] 1277225053.038870000: Could
not compute link poses. The tree or the state is invalid.

I have parsed the urdf and the tree structure seems correct - ie $ rosrun
urdf check_urdf [my_urdf_name].xml shows that there is one child (which is
correct btw). The urdf and the state_publisher.cpp seems to be correct as
well. Any insights into the source of this problem would be greatly
appreciated.

Sincerely,

Grace Lee