[ros-users] rosmake --dist?

Bill Morris morris at ee.ccny.cuny.edu
Tue Jun 1 18:24:47 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-06-01 at 10:30 -0700, Brian Gerkey wrote:
> Hi Bill,
>
> As others have mentioned,  you shouldn't run cmake directly, and
> especially shouldn't do so outside the build directory.  The way that
> we invoke cmake from make is a little clunky, but it ensures a common
> entry point to every package.  Geoff Biggs has done some work on
> getting rid of our use of make, replacing it with a portable Python
> system, but that's not quite ready yet.
>
> To your original question, 'make clean ' should prepare a package for
> initial checkin.

We have everything working now, it looks like our Makefiles were
corrupted at some point pre-boxturtle and carried over, perhaps because
of a bug that is now fixed.

In the future I would like have some standard way of generating a custom
target, but for now things work.

Is there a roadmap for when we can expect better cross-compile support?