[ros-users] How to encode mono16 data in Image messages?

Jack O'Quin jack.oquin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 14:13:45 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 5:49 PM, Patrick Mihelich
<mihelich at willowgarage.com> wrote:
> Hi Jack,
>
> MONO16 is the correct encoding to use. We've done practically no testing
> with 16-bit encodings, so I'm not surprised that there are problems. I see
> nothing wrong with your code snippet.
>
> The image_view error is either a bug in cv_bridge or deeper down in OpenCV.
> Can you open a ticket against vision_opencv?

Sure will.

I just wanted some help figuring out whether the problem is in my
driver, or image_view, or opencv. Without much documentation I could
not be sure I was sending the right stuff.

For multi-byte data, how should I set the
`sensor_msgs::Image.is_bigendian` field? I believe the 1394 spec says
the input frame *is* big-endian (high byte followed by low byte).

Could that be causing the crash?
--
 joq