[ros-users] Sick requires more initialisation time in 'sicktoolbox_wrapper'

Eric Perko wisesage5001 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 15:34:56 UTC 2010

Renato,

So the Sick doesn't automatically power up when the robot is turned
on? You have to actually give it power using a software command? If
so, would it be more appropriate to pause after turning on all of your
sensors and systems than to just wait for the Sick?

Why were you going to use a recursive launch file? Having a launch
file launch itself seems like a bad idea :) . See
http://www.ros.org/wiki/roslaunch/XML/node for how to set a node to
respawn automatically.

- Eric