[ros-users] navigation stack bare minimums

William Woodall wjwwood at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 00:32:24 UTC 2010

Mike, while the tutorial for setting up the navigation stack says that you
can just set the static_map: yaml setting to false if you don't have a map
server, I have found it easier to just setup a map server and give it a
small white image, basically just a blank map.

I would recommend following these tutorials:
Navigation <http://www.ros.org/wiki/navigation/Tutorials> (Including the tf
setup)
Map Server <http://www.ros.org/wiki/map_server> (While this isn't a
tutorial, you can use the example configurations)

Hope that helps,

William Woodall
Graduate Software Engineering
Auburn University