[ros-users] TrajectoryPlannerROS does not take parameter

Christian Verbeek verbeek at servicerobotics.eu
Mon Jun 14 10:05:00 UTC 2010

Dear ROS users,

I am using the base_local_planner from the navigation stack. All is up
and running and now I am doing the fine tuning.

My base_local_planner_params.yaml looks like this:

TrajectoryPlannerROS:
  max_vel_x: 0.2
  min_vel_x: 0.05
  max_rotational_vel: 0.4
  min_in_place_rotational_vel: 0.15

Even though I set max_vel_x to 0.2 and
rosparam get /move_base/TrajectoryPlannerROS/max_vel_x
returns 0.2 (so it is really set)

the cmd_vel generated by move_base has linear: x: > 0.5

So the seen cmd_vel x velocity is even higher than the 0.5 which should
be the default maximum. My 0.2 parameter is ignored completely.

The other parameters seem to work as cmd_vel angular z is never higher
than the given 0.4.

Does anyone have an idea?

Regards
Christian

REC GmbH
Dr. Christian Verbeek
Robert-Koch-Str. 2, 82152 Planegg

Tel:    +49 89 85689672
Fax:    +49 89 85902327
Mobile: +49 160 7056589
e-mail: verbeek at servicerobotics.eu

Geschäftsführer: Dr. Christian Verbeek
Registergericht: AG München (HRB 154463)