[ros-users] call for testing: camera1394 in C-turtle

Patrick Beeson beeson.p at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 22:20:32 UTC 2010

A few things Jack.  1) if no guid is given its defaults to the first
camera, but the guid is not displayed in the dynamic_reconfigure GUI.
2) The defaults for my camera have the gain so low, that the image is
black.  New users may think this isn't working.  I'd suggest at least
setting auto_gain to 2 to ensure they see something.  Also, the
tutorial could use a page on using the yaml files.  It took me a while
to realize that the new API needs me to set auto_* to 3 in order for
the sclalrs I set to have any effect.

These are small things.  I think you've done a remarkable job taking
the original 1394 driver and making it easy to use and stable.  One of
these days I hope to find time to do the same with the
swissranger_camera driver.