[ros-users] call for testing: camera1394 in C-turtle

Eric Perko wisesage5001 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 15:26:56 UTC 2010

Jack,

Would it at least be possible for the driver to detect whether a
setting was accepted or not?

If we can, perhaps the driver should try to set the values, ask the
camera what values it has and then warn the user if they are
different. This wouldn't solve the problem of cameras claiming to
support things they don't, but would at least let the user know that
there is a problem as opposed to trying to change settings and not
seeing anything happen.

- Eric