[ros-users] Rotation Method to follow

Tully Foote tfoote at willowgarage.com
Mon Jun 21 18:58:27 UTC 2010

Prasad,
In general we have made the choice to use full 3D representations of points
and poses even when using 2d algorithms.  This allows 2d and 3d algorithms
to be able to interact without a translation layer.  If you're refering to
the position of an object in the world the standard representation is to use
a geometry_msgs/PoseStamped   To be able to manipulate these in Eigen or kdl
see the tf_conversions package. bullet support is built into the tf package
leveraging the bullet package.

Tully

On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 11:52 PM, Prasad Dixit <
prasad.dixit at fennecfoxtech.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> My question is about the TF rotation to be used for our application.
>
> We are developing a simple base which will move in the world(Map) space.
> It is without using any link/ARM which directly eliminates operations
> related to "Roll, Pitch, Yaw"
> But we do have turning angle and velocity to be given to the motors along
> with the X and Y co-ordinates.
>
> I am confused with the Rotation method to be followed in TF.
> Is Eigen Rotation2D method is suitable for us? If yes, then which
> geometry_msgs type is suitable for it?
>
> Thanks,
> - Prasad

Tully Foote