[ros-users] Installing ROS on Nokia N900

Sebastien Lelong sebastien.lelong at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 07:29:56 UTC 2010

Hi guys,

<Mrinal>

> If the "N900 + ROS" slide show you're talking about is mine, then I'll
> have to disappoint you. I didn't actually install ROS on the N900,
> just wrote a program that transmitted the N900 accelerometer data over
> a TCP connection and receive it on a computer running ROS. But I dare
> say it shouldn't be too hard to get ROS running on it for real...

Yes, this was that slideshow, so I'm disappointed :) but thanks anyway

<Brian>

> This page is a good jumping-off point for cross compiling:
>  http://www.ros.org/wiki/ROS/CrossCompiling
> As you get things working, please contribute back there with any
> N900-specific notes.

Sure, I will. I'm making progress, slowly. I've built several deb packages
for N900/Maemo 5 target, and probably will upload them to maemo repository,
so it'll be easier to install it later. For now, I'm trying to compile ROS
on the device and focus on cross-compiling dependencies.

Cheers,
Seb

--
Sébastien Lelong