[ros-users] Gazebo Error on Ubuntu

mansi aneja mansimaraneja at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 03:11:51 UTC 2010

Hey,
 Im a newbie with ROS and Im trying to run the default gazebo world file
roslaunch gazebo_worlds empty_world.launch
when I try this the GUI shows up and then crashes with the following erroran
Request.136: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter) 0x4400002
do_wait: drmWaitVBlank returned -1, IRQs don't seem to be working correctly.
Try adjusting the vblank_mode configuration parameter.
[gazebo-2] process has died [pid 8925, exit code -11].
log files:
/home/jaimeenk/.ros/log/a2a0ef3e-3492-11df-8ced-0022fbd313b4/gazebo-2*.log

on checking my log file I get the following output

[/opt/ros/boxturtle/stacks/simulator_gazebo/gazebo/gazebo-svn/server/GazeboConfig.cc:124]
 Unable to find the file ~/.gazeborc. Using default paths. This may
cause OGRE to fail.
directory [/tmp/gazebo-jaimeenk-0] already exists (previous crash?)
but the owner gazebo server (pid=8751) is not running.
deleting the old information of the directory [/tmp/gazebo-jaimeenk-0]
Gazebo successfully initialized

Should I need to define my path for gazebo in the bashrc file?

Best

--
Mansimar Singh Aneja