[ros-users] Cross-compiling ROS for the Gumstix Overo

Andrew.Melim at gatech.edu Andrew.Melim at gatech.edu
Sat Mar 20 16:24:38 UTC 2010

I'm looking to install ROS on my Gumstix Overo and I noticed that the wiki recommends using a Beagle Board image for it. This is after I tried compiling my own via the Gumros tutorial, but I'm having trouble with bjam complaining about my compiler thus making compiling boost quite difficult.

Before I boot from the image, I was wondering if anyone is aware if the image reconfigures any of the pin muxes for the processor? I'm trying to avoid any damage that could possible be incurred from using an image compiled for other hardware. If not, I was wondering if someone could advise me on any issues I may run into using the image for the Overo. Additionally, if someone could provide any advice on getting boost to compile properly as according to the Gumros wiki page, I would be very thankful.

-Andrew Melim