[ros-users] pgr_camera: driver for Point Grey Research Cameras

Patrick Bouffard patrick.m.bouffard at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 16:52:28 UTC 2010

I have put together a basic driver for Point Grey Research (PGR)
cameras. It is patterned after the prosilica_camera package and has a
similar interface. PGR's FlyCapture2 SDK is used to communicate with
the camera. Note that the SDK is a prerequisite though that fact is
not (yet) reflected in the package manifest; but if you have one of
these cameras you likely already have the SDK installed.

Not all the functionality of prosilica_camera is included yet (for
example, polled mode, diagnostics, and self-test are at most only
stubs for now) and testing has been limited thus far to the cameras
that I use (FireflyMV USB), but I'm releasing it now in case it's of
use to anyone else. It was actually pretty easy to put together
(thanks largely to having the prosilica_camera example to work from)
and it should be easy to add more features.

You can get it at:

http://github.com/pbouffard/ros.pgr_camera

Comments, suggestions, etc. of course are very welcome!

Pat

P.S. For those who like version numbers, I've tagged the latest in the
repo with "v0.1.3"..