[ros-users] compressed_image_transport and old bag files

Jeremy Leibs leibs at willowgarage.com
Tue Mar 9 10:03:46 UTC 2010

I typically end up using the rosrecord python API directly for that
kind of task.

Of course, looking at the documentation on the wiki page just now
(http://www.ros.org/wiki/rosrecord#rosrecord.py), it's definitely a
little sparse, which is largely my own fault.

You should be able to write a fairly short python script, along the lines of:

import rosrecord

rebag = rosrecord.Rebagger('new.bag')
for (topic, msg, t) in rosrecord.logplayer('old.bag', raw=True):
  if topic == 'image_compressed':
    rebag.add('image/compressed', m, t, raw=True)
  else:
    rebag.add(topic, msg, t, raw=True)
rebag.close()

Extended as appropriate.

Let me know if you need any help getting this working.
--Jeremy