[ros-users] Digital Camera 1394 in ROS?

Jack O'Quin jack.oquin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 00:17:54 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 11:36 AM, Blaise Gassend

> set_camera_info shouldn't affect rviz's ability to view the image. It is
> only used to calibrate the camera. One thing that might prevent rviz
> from viewing the image is if the image is encoded using an unsupported
> color encoding. Have you tried doing a:
>
> rostopic echo image_topic/encoding
>
> That would show you how the colors are encoded.

I'm looking at it right now (using Patrick's driver).  It's publishing
"rgb8". It also does not currently provide CameraInfo.

The rviz doc seems to say it needs CameraInfo, but does not mention
which color encodings it supports.

Where can I find that list?

Thanks,
--