[ros-users] Digital Camera 1394 in ROS?

Blaise Gassend blaise at willowgarage.com
Thu Mar 11 19:57:17 UTC 2010

> On your last point, I understand your reluctance to add *yet another*
> dependency to the camera_stack and probe is very likely to generic to
> be considered a part of a camera stack proper. Still, it is very
> flexible and can be very useful for building imaging toolchains with
> ROS. This should be even more true once the nodelet interface has
> solidified.

For me, the question would be how widespread gstreamer is. If it is part
of all supported distributions, then having a system dependency on it
isn't a problem for me. Even if gstreamer is not available on a system,
that will only cause problems when compiling the package that needs
gstreamer, so only people that need that particular package will have a
problem.

Blaise