[ros-users] 3rd party libs

Radu Bogdan Rusu rusu at willowgarage.com
Mon Mar 15 15:51:24 UTC 2010

Hi Andreas,

The easiest thing to do is to update your ros-pkg and wg-ros-pkg trees. I am trying to slowly deprecate
point_cloud_mapping, though it might take at least half a year before we succeed in doing that, given that it's used by
a lot of packages at the moment.

The replacement for point_cloud_mapping is PCL (Point Cloud Library), which is part of the point_cloud_perception stack.
The problems that you are seeing is because:
- the stack got moved from wg-ros-pkg into ros-pkg
- the name of the packages ANN and FLANN changed to ann and flann, to be more consistent with the rest of ROS

The solution is to either update ros-pkg or checkout
https://code.ros.org/svn/ros-pkg/stacks/point_cloud_perception/tags/latest somewhere in your package path.

There was a recent discussion regarding the swissranger driver, and I believe a few people that are actively using
SwissRanger cameras have improved the driver a bit, and will release those versions soon. When that happens, we will
deprecate the old driver to avoid confusion.

Let us know if you have any other problems, and we'll be glad to help.

PS. You can always try the nabble search functionality when our mail archive doesn't work. :)

Cheers,
Radu.