[ros-users] problem using TimeSynchronizer with two images

Dan Lazewatsky lazewatskyd at cse.wustl.edu
Mon Mar 15 19:27:32 UTC 2010

Thanks Patrick,
What you brought up doesn't fix my problem, but does elucidate what's
actually going on. It turns out that there are two problems I'm having:
1) The images are being published independently by two nodes, so they
never have the same timestamp, and thus will never get matched up. Is
there a way to give TimeSynchronizer a threshold so it will match two
message that are close enough?
2) Based on #1, using the raw transport actually shouldn't work. The
reason it currently does is because cvToImgMsg doesn't fill in the
header, so all timestamps are 0. I can manually set the
timestamps/headers before sending off the message, but isn't cv_bridge
supposed to do this?

Thanks,
-Dan