[ros-users] Executing turtle example in Debian Lenny 5.5.

Mintaka Alnitak mintaka_alnitak at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 17 11:21:19 UTC 2010

I am trying to execute the turtle example following the steps in:

http://www.ros.org/wiki/ROS/Tutorials/BuildingPackages

When I come to the point of building packages for next tutorials it shows an error in my installed packages:

# rosdep install turtle_teleop rxtools
Failed to find rosdep libbluetooth-dev for package turtle_teleop
Failed to find rosdep libx11-dev for package turtle_teleop
ERROR: ABORTING: Rosdeps [u'libbluetooth-dev', u'libx11-dev'] could not be resolved

Then, I installed them:

# apt-get install libbluetooth-dev libx11-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
libbluetooth-dev is already the newest version.
libx11-dev is already the newest version.

However, this does not make any change in building the packages.

Can you help me to know how can I solve this problem?

Kind regards,

Renato.