[ros-users] Digital Camera 1394 in ROS?

Peshala peshala at hlab.iis.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Fri Mar 19 10:23:25 UTC 2010

> The current version publishes /<nodename>/camera/image_raw for
> compatibility with the other camera drivers. It should display in
> rviz, although rviz will complain:
>
>   Status error
>   CameraInfo/P resulted in an invalid position calculation (nans or
> infs)
>
> I am still trying to figure out how to build a default camera matrix
> to eliminate that error message. I'll open a bug report on it if I
> can't come up with a solution soon.
>
> You can update svn and try it again. To find the correct topic name in
> rviz. click on the [...] box to the right of the Image Topic field
> under Camera.
>
> Thanks for the report,
> --
> joq

Jack,
Thank you very much for your reply.

Here is my current status.
I tried using both camera1394 and cameradc1394 nodes. But still rviz
does not display any images.
When camera1394 was run, rostopic echo /camera1394/image does not
display anything. So I assume there is no way rviz can display any
images.
When cameradc1394 was run, rostopic echo /camera1394/image display data.
But still, as you mentioned, I could not find /camera/image_raw but
instead the topics
-Image(sensor_msgs/Image)
-image(sensor_msgs/Image)
-OriginalImage(sensor_msgs/Image) are there.
rviz gives the following warning for this case.
Discarding message from [/cameraopencv] due to empty frame_id.

Should I calibrate the camera first?
I did the svn update but still something is missing.

Thank you
-Peshala-