[ros-users] How to compile the code from trunk

Tully Foote tfoote at willowgarage.com
Tue Mar 23 08:26:58 UTC 2010

Hi Vu,
If you are learning ROS I suggest that you do not start by using trunk.
It is unstable and documentation may be out of date or missing.  The
only people recommended to run off of trunk are the developers of the
stack or package.

Please try out the recommended installations
http://www.ros.org/wiki/ROS/Installation  And then please try the
tutorials at http://www.ros.org/wiki/ROS/Tutorials and read the
documentation http://www.ros.org/wiki/ROS/Concepts

After you are familiar with the system you should have enough knowledge
to get whichever version of a package you want.

Tully