[ros-users] image_proc doesn't work with camera1394

Eric Perko wisesage5001 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 19:57:18 UTC 2010

To follow up with the encoding, not sure why the "rostopic echo
/left/camera/image_raw.encoding" gave an error about it not being
published, as it is in the image data. Here is a header from one of
the messages in the previously mentioned bag file:

---
header:
  seq: 3098
  stamp: 1269564941440850973
  frame_id: /left
height: 480
width: 640
encoding: rgb8
is_bigendian: 0
step: 1920
data: <snipped cause it's just tons of binary data>

So encoding does have a value that seems correct for my setup.

Has anyone else been able to get any 1394 camera working with
image_proc using either camera1394 or an older 1394 driver?

- Eric