[ros-users] wavefront

Dan Lazewatsky lazewatskyd at cse.wustl.edu
Wed Mar 31 15:13:35 UTC 2010

On 3/30/10 7:55 PM, Eitan Marder-Eppstein wrote:
> Hey Dan,
>
> A few questions for ya to help figure out what's going on:
>
> 1) Have you tried using the rxconsole tool to see if any useful
> information is being output from the system? If so, did you see
> anything that seemed to be complaining or giving warnings?
rxconsole doesn't show anything that seems too concerning. The worst is
a bunch of
Costmap2DROS transform timeout. Current time: ...

> 2) What launch files are you running on the erratic? Are they the ones
> in the 2dnav_erratic package? Or different ones that you created? We
> used to have an erratic in-house, but we don't anymore and its been
> awhile since the 2dnav_erratic package has been tested. If you're
> running with your own configuration, could you post the files so I can
> take a look at them?
I've attached the launch file and config files I'm using. The config
files were all setup according to this:
http://www.ros.org/wiki/navigation/Tutorials/RobotSetup

> 3) Do you see any obstacles in nav_view? On second thought, rviz is a
> more powerful debugging tool for this kind of stuff. Have you tried
> using rviz to get useful debugging information (whether obstacles show
> up, a plan is created, etc)? You can find a tutorial on using rviz
> with the navigation stack here:
> http://www.ros.org/wiki/navigation/Tutorials/Using%20rviz%20with%20the%20Navigation%20Stack
nav_view and rviz don't show any obstacles, plan, or really anything but
the map. If I'm really lucky, rviz will show the amcl particle cloud.