[ros-users] Gazebo Controller

Andreas Vogt andreasv at informatik.uni-bremen.de
Fri May 7 11:45:57 UTC 2010

Hi,

Can I control my joints only with forces/torques or is there any
possibility to control the position?
Why is there a PID Controller in the yaml available if I must implement
a kind of force controller in the update() method?

YAML:
  my_controller_ns:
    type: MyControllerPlugin
    wheel1: joint_c-w1
  pid:
    p: 10.0
    i: 0.0
    d: 0.0
    i_clamp: 1

void MyControllerClass::update(){

    double desired_pos = init_pos_ + amplitude_ *
sin(ros::Time::now().toSec());
     double current_pos = joint_state_->position_;
     joint_state_->commanded_effort_ = -10 * (current_pos - desired_pos);

}

--

 Andreas Vogt
 Logistics and Production Robotics