[ros-users] iCreate Roomba with ROS

Odest Chadwicke Jenkins cjenkins at cs.brown.edu
Fri May 14 12:02:13 UTC 2010

Hi Gon?alo,

It is great to hear you are using ROS with the Roomba.

Our current irobot_create_2_1 is setup to work only with the Create
platform, and not the Roomba, due to differences in iRobot's Open
Interface protocols.  However, I believe irobot_create_2_1 could be
easily patched for Roomba Open Interface commands, although I would
defer to Trevor Jay who wrote this driver.  irobot_create_2_1 has a
table that maps between ROS and Open Interface serial data, could be
modified dynamically.

Trevor, could you confirm or suggest the best way to move forward for
Roomba support?

-Chad