[ros-users] rviz compile error

Chriss Lei lei.chriss at gmail.com
Sat May 15 02:59:33 UTC 2010

Hello. I'm new to ros.

There is an rviz compile error I can't seem to figure out.
I'm using Ubuntu Jaunty and NVIDIA accelerated graphics driver (version
180).

To be more specific I did:

rosmake rviz

and it outputs this error message when it's compiling ogre.

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lGL
  collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
  make[6]: *** [RenderSystem_GL.la] Error 1

[rosmake-0] <<< ogre <<< [SKIP] No rule to make target None
[ rosmake ] Halting due to failure in package ogre.
[ rosmake ] Waiting for other threads to complete.

I did some google search but couldn't find a solution specifically for this
error.

Could I get some help?