[ros-users] API review for camera1394 pacakge -- 2010-05-27

Jack O'Quin jack.oquin at gmail.com
Tue May 25 16:45:19 UTC 2010

This package is a candidate for inclusion in the next ROS release, C-Turtle.

Camera1394 is a ROS port of the Player camera1394 driver for devices
supporting the IEEE 1394 Digital Camera protocol. It is designed to
work with the ROS image_pipeline with minimal dependencies, using
libdc1394 for device access.

As I am in Texas, not California, this review will be handled on-line
via IRC using #meeting.ros.org at freenode.net on Wednesday, May 27th
at 3:00PM Central Time (1:00PM Pacific Time). We need reviewers who
will commit to reading the documentation and providing feedback before
the on-line review meeting.

Users of 1394 digital cameras and developers of ROS camera drivers are
especially encouraged to participate. Please respond to this message
(on or off list) if you are willing to be a reviewer. I need to hear
from you to know whether we will have adequate coverage.

The review page is here, with pointers to the documentation:

 http://www.ros.org/wiki/camera1394/Reviews/2010-05-27_API_Review

Please update the review page "Concerns and Issues" in preparation for
the review session.
--
 Jack O'Quin
 <jack.oquin at gmail.com>