[ros-users] Stage Vs. Rviz

Prasad Dixit prasad.dixit at fennecfoxtech.com
Sun May 30 04:34:19 UTC 2010

Hello all,
I would like to know some basic difference between stage and rviz through
following questions:-
1. If we my navigation stack is set so as to visualize and simulate then
Can we replace stage by rviz ?
2. Can we have amcl, map, costmap2d - Global and Local and planner
algorithms in place and see robot reactions in rviz?
3. Can we totally eliminate stage from use?
4. Also, i tried to load a static map in rviz. The initial grid is
horizontally set in orbit view properly and map is getting loaded somewhere
vertically which i am not able to move and see it properly. I am doing
something wrong?
thanks,
- Prasad