[ros-users] lists on the parameter server

Armin Hornung HornungA at informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Mon May 31 14:37:25 UTC 2010

Hi!

Does anyone have a quick example on how to retrieve lists from the
parameter server? Suppose I want to store sets of <x,y,theta> values
(any amount) in parameters. Does the param file look correct like this?

----
coords/x: [0.0, 0.0, 0.2, 0.15]
coords/y: [0.0, 0.1, 0.0, 0.1]
coords/theta: [0.0, 0.0, -0.1, 0.1]
----

I would then retrieve the three lists, check if they are of the same
length, and create n (=4 here) tuples of <x,y,theta> out of them.

Is there any documentation available on how to retrieve these lists in
roscpp?
http://www.ros.org/wiki/roscpp/Overview/Parameter%20Server points to
http://xmlrpcpp.sourceforge.net/doc/classXmlRpc_1_1XmlRpcValue.html for
lists, but a quick example (or a pointer to how it is used in another
ROS node) would be nice to get started.

Thanks,
Armin

--
Armin Hornung                              Albert-Ludwigs-Universität
www.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/~hornunga   Dept. of Computer Science